The role of the project manager is to be the key facilitator on projects. Catalyst delivers varying open-source software development and migration/hosting-based projects - primarily with our leading Higher Education and not-for-profit partners, enhancing mission-critical online learning platforms (Moodle & Totara LMS) hosted and maintained within a leading Amazon Web Services (AWS) architecture.
The goal is to empower project teams, manage client stakeholders through delivery of clear planning and removal of potential roadblocks, ultimately allowing for project success. The project manager should focus on team collaboration and will be familiar with, or have an awareness of, frameworks such as Kanban or SCRUM in software development projects as well as traditional waterfall methodologies.
The PM will embrace the following key values of Agile:
- individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- responding to change over rigidly following a plan.
In 2021 Catalyst was recognised as an outstanding place to work in our staff engagement survey, placing in the top 10% of business when benchmarked against the wider ICT sector. This feat has been repeated with an increased score in our 2022 engagement survey. At the heart of this is our strong team and collaboration dynamic, high levels of trust and freedom to innovate. As a project manager at Catalyst IT, furthering these principles and values is of utmost importance.
Roles and responsibilities:
- acting as a liaison and ‘business to technical’ translator for delivery teams to ensure requirements are realised in project phases
- facilitate collaborative working and problem-solving in projects
- maintain strong client relationships and ensure the highest levels of communication and planning are managed.
- oversight of key milestones and budgets within the project portfolio and pipeline, and manage these in collaboration with project delivery teams to ensure a steady flow of work
- risk management and mitigation
- management of project budgets and scope
- prepare and provide project reports to the senior leadership team team
- working with team leads and practice leads to effectively allocate resourcing and ensure a balanced workload in the team
- pro-actively demonstrate required behaviours in line with expectations of the role
- work with the management team and other Team Leads to improve collaboration and evolution of business processes
- proactive commercial awareness in identifying any on-selling opportunities in the current project portfolio
Skills and competencies
Teamwork and relationships
- a good relationship builder - establishes relationships with stakeholders internally and externally.
- participates in the relationship and strategic planning. Can step into that role for other teams across the business when required
- represents Catalyst to the highest customer service standards with both potential and existing clients
- has positive influences across the teams and is capable of negotiation and building consensus of wider Catalyst team members.
- experience of Moodle LMS or AWS/cloud hosting projects is desirable
- clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- anticipates changes in the domain and works across the team and business to ensure Catalyst is positioned to evolve and develop
- a good understanding and aptitude for eLearning software systems is desirable
- a good understanding of project management principles, specifically Agile methodologies
- comfortable representing Catalyst with clients at all seniority levels and can negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes with peers, clients and wider stakeholders
- instils a culture within the team of commitment to excellence
- an awareness of the company’s goals and objectives, and financial performance metrics
Employment package & benefits
- private healthcare package with Axa private healthcare
- employee assistance program
- cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice electric vehicle lease scheme
- unlimited leave policy
- remote worker option in all roles
- periodic funded (for remote workers) visits to Catalyst Brighton office
If this sounds like you – please send your CV to jobscatalyst-eu.net.