The Catalyst team released Mahara 19.10, the latest version of the open source ePortfolio platform, on 31 October 2019. The team at Catalyst, who maintain the software, worked with organisations around the world to create new features, enhance existing ones, and improve the usability of the platform.
This release of Mahara is a significant step in its 13-year history as several components have been analysed carefully, revised, and enhanced to make it easier for learners of all ages to create their personal and professional portfolios.
Highlights of this release include:
- Placeholder block for more flexible template creation;
- More intuitive ways to change page layouts;
- Customisation of the page header background;
- Fewer interruptions to reading flow by using a “Details” mode;
- Development of assignment plans that copy portfolios automatically into learner accounts when specific tasks are selected;
- Re-submission of portfolios to a learning management system.
Catalyst clients generously sponsored new features and improvements for this release, allowing the Mahara community to share in the benefits.
If you would like to find out more about Mahara and schedule a demonstration, please get in touch. Catalyst is the project maintainer and lead development company of Mahara, operating world-wide and providing the full range of professional services from business analysis and solution design to development, visual design, managed hosting, training, and ongoing support.
Catalyst is a New Zealand-owned and operated company where values, community, and integrity are paramount. Since 1997, Catalyst has been dedicated to using the world’s best open source software and tools to deliver robust IT solutions for our clients. We have grown through long-term commitments to our clients, a culture of collaboration and organisations consistently experiencing the superior economic and social value that open source delivers.