The Moodle Educator Certification Program is a training and certification program developed by Moodle HQ and delivered by certified Catalyst IT Europe Facilitators. It is designed to improve online and blended teaching with Moodle, using the European Framework for the Digital Competence of Educators (DigCompEdu) as inspiration for its content.
What is covered
Aimed at educators and learning technologists, the programme consists of the following 6 courses
How do you stay relevant and interact with peers?
How do you source, create and share resources?
Teaching and Learning
How do you ensure your learners understand the subject matter?
How do you assess and feedback to your learners?
How do you engage and motivate your learners?
Facilitating learners’ digital competence
How do you encourage your learners to hone their digital skills?
How will I be assessed?
Each course follows a similar format for both formative and summative assessment.
- Formative: The main content of the course requires the completion of a number of quizzes, based on information provided via Moodle books.
- Summative: Two assessed tasks are to be submitted: the first task asks how you would advise your colleagues on how to tackle a scenario, the second task asks if you have encountered this scenario before and how did you proceed?
- Duration: You have 6 months to complete all 6 self-directed courses. Please set aside 6-8hrs individual study per course.
- Designed for: Teachers, Learning Designers and Learning Technologists with demonstrable experience of using Moodle.
- Pre-requisite: Candidates must complete the Moodle HQ MEC pre-placement quiz and receive feedback that suggests that they are suitable.
Next cohort: Monday 5th June 2023
We run programmes 3 times a year depending on demand.
£1000 for the 6 courses with formal certification by Moodle HQ on completion, with no hidden extra costs.
We can also cater for teams of 6 candidates from the same institution at a discounted rate and can start the programme when it best suits your needs.
£5000 for 6 participants taking the 6 courses with formal certification by Moodle HQ on completion, with no hidden extra costs.
Reserve your place:
Contact us by completing this form and one of our MEC facilitators will be in touch.